question

Chris avatar image
Chris asked

Multiplus 12/3000/120-50 Overload light won't clear

I can't get the "overload" light to clear. It's almost new. I was running it through an ELCI breaker to one outlet. The load was a 1500w electric kettle. This was temporary as I install the remainder the system. Now it has a red overload light on solid, not blinking and no other lights. No output at all. I've turned it off/on. I've disconnected from the ELCI. Then I disconnected the 6/3 AWG from the AC-1 output. So nothing but four 2/0 wires to feed DC input are connected to the Multiplus. Voltage at the inverter reading 13.2vdc

Anything else I can do or check?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Jons Collasius avatar image
Jons Collasius answered ·

If an overload occurs, the Multi tries three times to restart after 30 seconds each time.

If this does not work, the Multi remains on overload and switches off.

This can only be remedied by a reset via the GX Console (VRM-Remote or Direct) or by switching off and on via the hardware switch (0 Off | 1 On) of the Multi.

Since you have already done this, the Multi seems to be broken, as you still have an overload after a restart even though no loads are connected.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

broadleaf avatar image
broadleaf answered ·

I have the same issue. Did you manage to resolve yours? I don't understand the remedy suggested above about how to reset.

2 |3000