question

thomasehrlich avatar image
thomasehrlich asked

Sensors on tank 140 do not appear in the device list

I cannot solve the following problem without support.

I have installed a Cerbo GX with tank 140 and all tank sensors are activated in the I/O settings. Nevertheless, I do not see the sensors in the device list. What could be the problem?

img-0049.jpeg

img-0050.jpeg

tank monitorgx 140
img-0049.jpeg (454.4 KiB)
img-0050.jpeg (453.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

All I can suggest is rebooting the Cerbo. I installed my GX 140 over 2 years ago and can not recall the details. I have just activated my 4th tank as a trial and it appeared in the devices list as a fuel tank which I could then edit.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fguiot avatar image
fguiot answered ·

Argh I just see your post and have exact same problem.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/244989/gx-tank-140-missing-in-device-list-cerbo-gx-os-312.html

Have you found a solution?

Even more strange, I see that my GX Tank 140 has exactly the same serial number: HQ2233MJAFG !!!

Don't tell me that you have returned your failed device to the vendor, and I'm the "lucky" boy that purchased it after.... :-/

2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hey both, that is indeed really strange!

I’ll get it looked into and will get back to you next week.

2 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Ps; what is the serial number on the label, can you share a photo?
0 Likes 0 ·
fguiot avatar image fguiot mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

@mvader (Victron Energy) Thanks for looking at it.

Serial number on the sticker is matching the serial number reported in the GUI.

See below.

capture-decran-2023-11-25-a-131816.png

0 Likes 0 ·
fguiot avatar image
fguiot answered ·

The vendor is asking me to return the unit.

Even weirder: The serial number on the box doesn't match the device. I have HQ2233TQFW on the box...

2 |3000

fguiot avatar image
fguiot answered ·

@mvader (Victron Energy) did you had a chance to look at it? Should Return it to the vendor as they request me to do so?

I found strange that it show-up in I/O but not in the device lists, despite the inputs are enabled in the I/O menu. Any FW update required?

Thx in advance,

FreD.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

GX Tank 140 product page

Connecting tank monitoring to Cerbo GX