question

ciacula avatar image
ciacula asked

Multiplus II: high absorption from AC after firmware update 508, before to restore default settings

I have a Multiplus II with Pylontech batteries and solar panels. I use the Ignore AC funtion to feed the batteries during bad weather or during the night. During the firmware update is displaied: "When the firmware update finishes, the settings are restored to the default ones and, to avoid overloading. the charging current is set to zero amps, after which it turns back on the inverter". But it is not true, since in the last updates, before to restore my settings, the inverter collects from the AC a huge amount of current to charge the batteries. Someone can explain me how to avoid this? Thanks

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Craig Chamberlain avatar image
Craig Chamberlain answered ·

I carried out my FW upgrade yesterday from 505 to 508 and what I tend to do is switch off my inverter before isolating it from AC-In using my AC isolator and from AC-Out using my transfer switch. I then switch the inverter back on again and carry out the FW upgrade on battery power only. Obviously I do this when the batteries are already charged to a decent level. Note that my Cerbo GX is powered from the batteries directly and not through an AC powered adapter.

I only reconnect the AC input and output once I've restored my config and am happy that the FW upgrade has been successful. Still only takes 20 mins or so.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The "problem" is that with Can-Bus batteries and DVCC the charging algorithm will be overwritten.

The best way to prevent this is to switch off the AC IN or you reduce the charging current/voltage in the DVCC settings.

2 |3000