question

charlie-d avatar image
charlie-d asked

VE Bus displaying high incorrect DC voltage

Multiplus II 48/5000

2x Pylontech US3000

Color Control GX

This inverter has been working flawlessly for over 12 months on ESS, now ESS will not bring in the grid when the battery reaches low state of charge. The other night the battery went to 6% and stopped outputting, then the grid took over the loads.

I noticed the VE Bus voltage is reading around 6 - 7 volts higher than the battery itself and confirmed with a meter measurement that the battery is correct. Why is the inverter reporting such a large discrepancy. So when the battery stopped the inverter was still reading the DC volts as 52.3v. I am assuming the inverter thinks the battery is fully charged.

When the battery is full at 52.3 the VE bus is showing 59.3V

ve-bus-voltage.jpg

Updated all firmwares and reinstalled ESS

Is the inverter faulty all of a sudden or is there anything else I can do.

VE.Bus
ve-bus-voltage.jpg (53.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

How are the batteries connected to the CCGX?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

charlie-d avatar image charlie-d commented ·

They are connected by canbus cable. The color control is reporting the right voltage from the batteries. It's just the VE Bus of the inverter that is 6 - 7V higher

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Check the obvious like the wiring between CCGX and multi. Also battery cables. Also worth a sanity check that the multi is not switched to inverter only

But from your description it sounds like a fault in the multi and you will have to contact your dealer

2 |3000

Related Resources