question

twistedtree avatar image
twistedtree asked

Actual idle power draw fro Multi II 15kva/48V?

I'm looking for confirmation of the actual idle power draw for a Multi II 48V 15kva unit. The spec sheets for other Victron inverters are massively off so I don't believe them. The spec sheet says 55W. Can I count on that in my system design? I am having to redo an installation at my expense because it doesn't meet the system idle power requirements because the Quattros don't meet their specs.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
anthony avatar image
anthony answered ·

@twistedtree , I wouldn't agree that they are way off, it does depend on a number of factors - firmware version installed, configuration file, ambient temperature, location of inverter. At the moment I can see that one of my installations with an MPII 48/3000 has a parasitic drain of 18W and the data sheet states 13W. All of my system installs with MPll 48/15000 are running suppling load so I can't give you a precise answer to your question right now, perhaps in couple of weeks when I next commission this inverter model.

Its is not prudent to design a system based on and so close to the zero load power value. The example above is a 44kW/h annual difference in consumption of the published figure versus the actual figure which equates to installing an additional approx 100Wp of solar. Anthony

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.