question

alaskannoob avatar image
alaskannoob asked

Any issues running large Quattro load with lithium batteries & voltage supplied by chargeverter?

I'm about to run a large load (welder) off my Quattro that has 38KW of batteries. I don't think I'll need more power than I have, but if I do, can I turn on the EG4 chargeverter to also go toward the load so less is taken from the batteries (similar to how the MPPT provides some power and batteries supply rest with large loads)?

I have to set a voltage on the chargeverter, so I'm not sure if there could be some kind of voltage mismatch with the batteries and the chargeverter both supplying power to the Quattro.

Many thanks for any tips!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

It depends on which Lithium Batteries.

I do not trust Lithium Batteries at all ans use 70,5kWh of SOPzS batteries which take without any problems a load of 15kW.

But this is a 24V DC Motor.

My ESAB Rebel EMP 235iC works for two days with a MultiPlus-II 24/5000 without any problems.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.