question

sailingbeaver avatar image
sailingbeaver asked

Charging capacity Quattro 12/5000/220-2x75

I have a Quattro 12/5000/220 inverter/charger connected to 4 Victron Lithium 330Ah batteries including a Lynx smart BMS and Cerbo GX. When the 11Kva Onan generator is running the Quattro will never go higher as 168Amp charging capacity to the batteries. The same when the Quattro is connected to the shorepower. Why can we not charge higher as 168Amp??

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Did you ever change the max charge current in the Quattro's settings to its maximum 220A? Victron inverter/chargers are pre-set at the factory to around 75% max charge current, which is right in line with what you're seeing.

It could also be the BMS controlling the charge rate, since the Lynx Smart BMS forces on DVCC through your GX device and can thus control the charge current and voltage from all connected sources, but given the size of your bank I don't think that would be the case - I think it more likely that the Quattro's settings were just never changed from default.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.