question

haens avatar image
haens asked

Frequency shifting does not work

Hello!

I want to connect a Fronius Primo to my Off-grid system by frequency-shifting. I loaded the "PV Inverter Assistant" for offgrid systems on my Multiplus II. The Assistant was loaded with the settings for Fronius Inverters. But the frequency-shifting doesn't work, it remains constantly at 50 Hz until my Pylontech Battery is completely loaded. So i do not connect the Fronius to the micro-grid, it could cause damage because the Fronius won't reduce power.

What is wrong?

My system: 1 MultiplusII48/5000/70, Victron MPPT 450/100 with 4,8kwp Modules, 3*Pylontech us3000c, Cerbo GX, Victron gx touch 50, Fronius Primo 5000 with 5200wP Modules (Fronius settings for a micro-grid system)

Greetings from Austria

Hans

frequency
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @Haens

What voltages have you set for frequency shifting to begin at?

AC-coupled PV with Fronius PV Inverters [Victron Energy]

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

haens avatar image
haens answered ·

Hi Matt,

I didn't set any voltage for frequenc shifting. I thought the BMS of my Pylontech would tell the Multiplus the information (voltage), when the Pylontech is nearly or completely loaded.

In VE Cinfigure 3, at the index "charger" there is set a checkmark at "Enable Charger" but no checkmark at "Configured for VE.Bus BMS", see attachement. Is it wrong?1698071357119.jpeg

1698071357119.jpeg (266.9 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

matt1309 avatar image matt1309 commented ·
Hi @Haens

That link i attached has more detail. However I believe you need to load an assistant for frequency shifting (assistants tab in your screenshot).

This will let you define the frequency shifting settings according to your inverter. I believe that link has some example frequencies.

As you mentioned you're offgrid i believe you'll need PV inverter support assistant whereas if you're on grid you'd use ESS assistant

The link i shared above covers in more detail. Give that a read particularly sections 1.1 and 1.4 should help solve your issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
haens avatar image
haens answered ·

Hi Matt,

thanks for the info!

I think you wrote about this link:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ac_coupling:fronius#setting_up_the_victron_multi_or_quattro

I added the mentioned " PV Inverter support Assistant" as it is mentioned in this document for off-grid use. The settings are set for a Fronius Primo Inverter working in a micro grid, see the screenshot.

1698081714972.jpeg

But the Victron Multiplus does not shift the Frequence...

1698081714972.jpeg (292.9 KiB)
2 |3000

haens avatar image
haens answered ·

Problem was solved!

I resetted all, updated all software, reloaded the PV Inverter Support assistant and now it works properly :-))

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic