question

mikekulls avatar image
mikekulls asked

Multiplus2/Quattro, grid connect not possible but what is possible?

I see the MultiPlus II and Quattro are not approved for grid connect in Australia but what is possible? Could I run some items in my house from a MultiPlus, have it charge from its own set of solar panels through a victon MPPT? I presume that is legal as it's a completely disconnected from the grid. Is it then legal to charge it from the grid? Then, is it legal if I run a separate set of powerpoint throughout the house that are connected to the multiplus? Also legal to rewire all the light circuits to it? Quick pic below of what I was thinking. Will be fused/isolators as appropriate

Thanks

1696492154895.png

Multiplus-II
1696492154895.png (16.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
chrichri avatar image
chrichri answered ·

Why should that be a problem? As long as you do not feed any energy back to grid (this you can set so) there is no big deal

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mikekulls avatar image
mikekulls answered ·

I'm not sure because I don't know the regulations. I came across a post saying it had been approval for generator input, which seemed to indicate you can't even draw power from the grid.

2 |3000