question

chrichri avatar image
chrichri asked

Multiplus II, cerbo GX, has DC system

Hi,

I have a Multiplus II 48/5000 connected to Pylontech Batteries, a MPPT on 48V side, and a Smartshunt configured as current meter in between the Battery and some 48V loads. (I dont not use the MPPT load output directly only inderectly to switch on an Orion DCDC on 48V load side to supply the 12V System -- but this is only a detail)

How can i configure the cerbo GX to show in the field DC Power (configured as "has DC System") exactly the measured values of this smart shunt? It always fluctuates extremely especially when AC Loads are high. To my understanding there should be no influence between energy going to inverter and energy going to DC loads when installing this dedicated smart shunt.

Thanks for your help!

dc system
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

What have you configured the meter to be on the GX?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

The SmartShunt needs to be configured as a "DC Energy Meter" with the sub type " DC System" for it to provide the details in the DC system tile on the Cerbo GX. Configure using Victron Connect app.

22040-1627066390198-kindlephoto-1908732.png

2 |3000

chrichri avatar image
chrichri answered ·

Ahhh ok, i set it to generic load. Tomorrow I will correct this. This is indeed a very important point to add to the manual in the chapter DC System and SmartShunt...

Cool, I will have a try tomorrow as I have to be directly connected to the Shunt to be able to configure it.

Remot it is not possible...

Thanks a lot!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic