question

chris-ebsworth avatar image
chris-ebsworth asked

MPPT Synchronisation

Hi, I have 3 x 100/50 MPPT connected to CCGX via VE.Direct (1 x USB-Ve.Direct interface)

AC1 in is ignored via general flag controlled by load and SOC conditions.

DVCC Enabled.

CCGX displays the 3 x MPPT's but the PV load is not shared equally by the MPPT's.

Also Bulk / Absorption / Float is not synchronised ?

Any pointers would be most welcome.

Quattro 12/5000/220-2-75

3 x 100/50 MPPT

BMV-702

CCGX

Regards

Chris

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Mppt’s will never have equal use, the system does not load balance symmetrically.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Chris Ebsworth

You dont have Can managed batteries, their behaviour is expected.

See here. Each mppt will control itself. So if there is no need to produce they wont.

2 |3000

reginald-potts avatar image
reginald-potts answered ·

I have 5 controllers and they used to be connected VE Direct (USB hub) to Venus GX but never sync'd Bulk, Absorp or Float. Then I realised the 4 bigger MPPT all have VE Can ports soon as I switched they now all sync together. The one thing they don't do however is load balance when in Absorp/ Float mode, I quite often see the 150/85 (Master) working flat out whilst the 450/100 (Slaves) are supplying 0A. They do step up and produce when the loads go high but it is annoying to constantly see one controller doing all the work. I believe it would be easy to implement a balancing profile of some sort using the controllers internal temp sensors which they all have for derating purposes but despite suggesting this in previous posts the idea got no traction.

2 |3000