question

Martin Gasthuber avatar image
Martin Gasthuber asked

VDE-AR-N 4105 Grid Code and LOM Type

Hi,

i've would like to enable LOM Type A for a MultiPlusII 48/5000 with GridCode VDE-AR-N 4105 selected (internal NS protection) but can only select between 'None' and Type B. Is LOM Type A always disabled for this GridCode ?

best regards,

Martin

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @martghh,

The LOM type B is always preferable to LOM type A. But LOM type B is has not been officially tested/approved yet on all model/gridcode combinations.

Only for those combinations where it is not approved yet. LOM type A can be selected(is visible) and is the default setting.

For the gridcodes were LOM type B is approved only LOM type B is visible

best regards
Martijn Coster - Victron Energy

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Martin Gasthuber avatar image
Martin Gasthuber answered ·

Hi Martijn,

thanks for the answer - could i still assume that Type A (the more precise and faster mode) has a chance to get enabled once the certification and testing is completed ? The reason behind is that i saw short grid outages the MultiPlus takes reasonable time to detect and some devices connected to the AC-OUT sees a short interruption and thus reset.

best regards,

Martin

2 |3000