question

laura-brown avatar image
laura-brown asked

Wifi dropping at time of change over

Every time the grid goes off and our system takes over there is a minuscule gap that causes the wifi to disconnect. Is this normal in which case I will buy a small ups to bridge the gap or is there something that hasn't been set right? Appreciate any insights. Laura

gridwifi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Is the wifi powered from the ac then you might not be seeing a seamless transfer. I power my router from the dc system so it avoids any issues like this.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

deonkorb avatar image
deonkorb answered ·

I had a similar issue, but only with municipal switching during load shedding. Cutting my own power using the incomer isolator did not reproduce the issue, eliminating the inverter changeover time as the problem.

I could only assume that there is a voltage sag prior to the load shedding, which the inverter follows until it is out of specification. I have neither the equipment, nor the patience to measure that power quality problem.

I solved it with Node-Red by programming in the schedule (later replaced by API) and switching to inverter only mode a few minutes before the scheduled outage.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic