question

andr3i1990 avatar image
andr3i1990 asked

Backup power for Fronius solar

Hello everyone,

I am a new owner of a Victron Multiplus II AC coupled with a Fronius Primo - 1 phase system, hybrid. Connection: Grid -> (AC In) Victron (AC Out) -> House+Fronius with solar panels

Everything is working as expected, but I have a question:

How can set the system (in Console or NodeRed) in case of a long power failure over night, to keep some battery in order to power my Fronius (and produce power for the house and battery charging) next day in case the grid is still down?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Froniusmicrogrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
andr3i1990 avatar image
andr3i1990 answered ·

nevermind, I found the solution: there is a VE.Bus switch position that can turn the inverter off. That will keep the battery and you can turn it on when the sun is up.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·
The power consumption of the Fronius Primo is so low (only some Watt) that you have to switch it off. I just bought a Fronius Primo 3.6-1 and the power consumotion over night is UNDER 10Wh.

The MultiPlus-2 reqiure in the same time around 160-200Wh and it is not worth switching it on and off every day you have a power failure.

Since the MultiPlus-2 support your house, iI hope, you have not underdimensioned your battery/ies. Yes people do this and then they have to make all this strange efforts to keep the batteries alive... :</

2 |3000