question

mhaviland56 avatar image
mhaviland56 asked

Victron Multiplus 3000 24v operating question

img-0710.jpgI am running the Multiplus 3000 24v. I have shore power connected and my AC outlets and DC outlets are all working when on shore power. I have 8 100 amp Battleborn Batteries and am using the BMV712 which shows 28.8 v. I have the Digital Multi Control remote switch connected and use it to turn shore power on and off. When I attempt to switch to Inverter it clicks over for a second and then clicks back to shore power. Can anyone suggest what my problem may be. Here are a few photos. img-0712.jpgimg-0838.jpgimg-0713.jpg

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
img-0838.jpg (3.6 MiB)
img-0713.jpg (3.3 MiB)
img-0712.jpg (4.2 MiB)
img-0710.jpg (3.2 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

There's no "inverter only" switch on the MultiPlus, nor on the Digital Multi Control. "On" is automatic operation, not inverter only. When you're connected to shore, and you have your AC input breaker on, the unit will be on shore power, passing through AC and using whatever AC input is left to charge your batteries. If you disconnect shore, the unit will automatically click over to inverting.
Have a thorough read of the user manual, which covers the operation of the unit; section 3.1 "On/Off/Charger Only Switch" will likely be of particular interest in this case.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.