question

zabbaskeema avatar image
zabbaskeema asked

Bmv 712 relay setup - things to know.

I initially wanted to post about the relay not working as intended. It actually was Not working as intended I suspect a bug, sorry I have to say it its for the best :)

I was trying to use the charge mode setup with voltage and SOC and of course the relay would not open and close as expected.

What I did *while* writing the previous question I never posted was to go back to the basics and reset, eg. disable all relay conditions. Why? Because I noticed that even with no conditions met at all the relay was in state "closed" which did not made sense at all.

After I did, I re-enable charging mode and only put SOC condition and it worked perfectly. So two things to note: the SOC percentage on the bluethoot are changing at mud percentage, eg change to 97% when on the bmv itself it is still 96.5% so you actually think nothing is working and you start changing things for no reasons which brings the second point: I believe that is you make certain changes in the middle of when the relay is actually calcukating/enforcing things, well it gets confused and does not reset its logic properly.

It would be nice to have double digits % on the bluethoot app AND see in a debug mode what relay logic is actually enforced at a given time.

Hope this helps someone at some point!

BMV Battery Monitorinstallation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ben avatar image
ben answered ·

Glad you figured it out. Sometimes starting over from a clean slate is the easiest way, indeed.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Victron BMV battery monitors product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic