question

kayaktom avatar image
kayaktom asked

Blue Smart IP22 Charger connected to batteries, after Smart Shunt

Hi, I have a Blue Smart IP22 Charger (120v) connected directly two my lithium batteries and VE Networked to the rest of my setup, including a smart shunt, MPPT and Cerbo. When I power on the IP22 it shows 29 amps heading to the battery, but that charge isn't reflected in the Smart Shunt. I was hoping they would communicate, but it looks like the state of charge isn't being updated when the IP22 is charging.

Is the only option to get the SOC accurately reflected to connect the negative to the system side of the smart shunt? I'm open to suggestions - the goal is to use the IP22 sparingly when solar isn't enough, but I'd like an accurate SOC when it's in use.

Thanks for any suggestions! - Tom

bluesmart ip22
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

The only thing that should be connected to the battery negative is the shunt, everything else connects to the other side of the shunt either directly or via a bus bar/distributor/etc.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.