question

karl-t avatar image
karl-t asked

MPPT 150/35 Capacitance

Hi All,

In order to design and install a softstart circuit before the MPPT and avoid having a potential mistake of forgetting to turn off the circuit breaker before plugging in the panels (and avoid flash), I would need to know the internal capacitance of the 150/35. I can't find it anywhere in Victron documentation. Any idea - or even an approximation - of that value ?

It will be highly appreciated
Thanks

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@KARL T

If the MPPT is already connected to the battery (which it should be as the battery should always be connected first), the internal capacitors are charged. So not a problem.

The problem (and the spark) when connecting live solar is actually because the panels are producing. The reason why the disconnect is there is for that, not the capcitance of the mppt.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

You do not need the switch, if you cover one solarpanel in the string (or one solarpanel of each string if you have more the one)

However, I do such eorks ONLY in the early morning or early evening.

2 |3000