question

richard-baker avatar image
richard-baker asked

PV Yield after battery is charged

I am using the VRM portal to monitor a PV system consisting of a MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-48 and a BlueSolar Charger MPPT 150/70 (VE.Direct). I am thinking of expanding the system and would like to know over time how much energy the PVs are producing beyond what the battery or load needs in order to gauge what potential there is for expansion. Is there a way to record the PV yield once the battery is fully charged? If there is no way for the system to collect this data one thought I had was if there was a dummy load connected to the grid output of the multiplus, then this would be captured in a data set. Has anybody done something like this?

Multiplus-II
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
If you set your location, the system should be forecasting kwh for the day,

While not 100% accurate, it should provide an indication of what is being wasted.

An ideal day will have a bell curve, so you could estimate it yourself based on peak usage.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Have you looked at the yield forecasting feature? Otherwise exporting to the grid or introducing a suitable load would be some possibilities given power is only produced when there is demand.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

richard-baker avatar image
richard-baker answered ·

Thankyou for the suggestions. I'm not certain the forecast would be accurate enough for what I want but it may give a guide.

2 |3000