question

imoore avatar image
imoore asked

mppt 100/30 setup in combination with BV712-proper "charged voltage"?

Hello,

I think i have everything set up per specs, but am having some nomclemature uncertainty-I think my batteries were undercharging with the default setting i was using

I have an AGM 350AH battery bank being charged by a 320w panel. My batteries have a float charge rec of 13.5-13.8 and a recharge voltage of 14.4-14.8. I set these to 13.7 and 14.6 respectively on my MPPT. I have auto equalization turned off.

On the BV712, it recommends setting the "charged" voltage to slightly under the absorption voltage when using solar. Would i use the recharge voltage number as my reference, and then set my charged voltage slightly under this, to around 14.2 volts?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Best

Ian

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi Ian,

That is a good place to start.

The 'charged' voltage figure you are referring too is just a point for the BMV to reset itself to 100% to account for the other imprecisions in discharging and recharging batteries.

It has no actual impact on the charging of your batteries, that will happen independently based on the battery voltage, temperature and time.

Start with the suggested figure, and if you find the the batteries are continuing to absorb current past the '100%' point, then try increasing it.

Vice Versa; if you see that the batteries stop absorbing current and it HASN'T reached 100% yet, try decreasing that figure.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.