question

fpsthomas avatar image
fpsthomas asked

Midpoint increase under load

Hey community!

I've searched around a little on my current issue and cant really find a fulfilling answer.

I have two 130ah deepcycle agm's paralel for my 24v system in my camper. It was all out together in quite the hurry because im using it now to go on a work trip. So i must say i didnt charge the two batteries separately before the install because the hurry.. That might be the cause of my question but i cant tell for sure with my experience lacking a bit in these kind of systems.

I have fluctuating voltage when a small load is applied on my 24v system from 1% to 7%. I've disconnected my multiplus and my 3 mppt's 75-15"s to make a clearer view in the Victron connect app on whats going on.

screenshot-20230805-185709.png

See the attached image. The next one is a bit more zoomed out to see more time on the axis and the repetitive issue with my fridge.

screenshot-20230805-191113.png

In resume, together with the pictures. Is this only due to for example one battery being in a lower state of charge than the other? And fixable with some battery cycles or seperately charging the batteries to 100% SOC and reconnect the system.

Or is one battery not healthy and needs replacing?

I hope i've included enough info to paint a clear picture

discharge levelleisure batteriesparallele batterien
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
netrange avatar image
netrange answered ·

Do you use a Balancer for a your serial Batteries ?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fpsthomas avatar image
fpsthomas answered ·

My suspicion was correct.

I just woke up to and my fridge was defrosting itself. Powering on and shutting off again. Luckily it can also run on 12v, so i disconnected the faculty battery that sinks too low during load & recalibrated the mppt's. Then atleast my fridge works but the multiplus will be disconnected until i have my new 24v battery.

Best regards

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic