question

pfalzkind avatar image
pfalzkind asked

Multiplus II 48/3000/35-32: maximum AC input current refers to ?

When I look into the MPII datasheet, I see a "maximum AC input current" of 32 A. I wonder, if this value really refers only to AC-In ? Yes - it should be clear: AC input current should refer to AC-In. But I plan to connect a PV inverter (Fronius) to AC-Out1. So, looking from MPII point of view, AC current can come from AC-In and from AC-Out1.

Besides, also the 1:1 rule is a little bit difficult to obey in detail: Does 1:1 refer to the MPII "peak outpout power" (5500W) or the "continous output power @ nonlinear load" (3000 W) or the "continous output power" (2400 W) ?

I've choosen a Fronius 3.0-1 with 3000 W. Does it fit ?

Thank you
Pfalzkind

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvas avatar image
mvas answered ·

If there is 32 amps flowing into AC-IN, then explain how the Fronius will push any amps into the AC-OUT connection?

AC-IN really does means AC-IN. It could not be any clearer.

2. The Factor 1.0 Rule

The max PV power must be equal or less than the VA rating of the inverter/charger

If you read the entire "Factor 1.0 Rule" section, it is very clear.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

It's the max current the MultiPlus can passthrough from AC IN to AC OUT. Theoretically also from OUT to IN but that would be more than the 1.0 rule.

2 |3000