question

matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 asked

90m CT clamp

Hi Folks.

My current setup I have ET112 that's converted and transmit over lan (90m to shed where inverter is). Then converted back to RS485 and then into GX device. I do it this way as I only have one cat6 (albeit a well shielded one) down to the shed.

It works and is passable however not perfect. My next plan was to maybe try splitting ethernet 2 pairs for 100mbps internet 2 pairs for ct clamp data. However I've not heard of a lot of success on CT clamp that length.

Anyone had success of runs at that length using well shielded twisted pairs? Just trying to judge if it's worth trying/putting effort in or if I have no chance?

ESSEnergy Meterctct clamp
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@matt1309

What about the zigbee? Connection is wireless. Not sure how your networking is there over the 90m? If that is just routing length.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Thanks Both.

Think I'll hold off, I'm not a fan of zigbee. Had a few issues with updating home automation devices which lead to all home automation devices needing re-adding to a network. Left a bad taste with zigbee, so I've stayed clear since.

Tbf i have read it boasts 100m range but I've got some thick stone buildings in between that 90m.

I was kind of hoping for ct solution to also avoid the latency of et112 in ESS setup.

My current LAN solution is similar concept as zigbee but over TCP/ip via ethernet cable rather than via zigbee, think i'll stick to this for now

2 |3000

Related Resources