question

mirkomona avatar image
mirkomona asked

BMV-712 Smart Setting

I have been installing Solarpanels on my sailing yacht, which consist 5 x 100 watt panel, into a Victron MPPT 100/50 Charge controller charging. I have 2x Mastervolt AGM 225A, so totally 450A.

According to the Mastervolt Manual I should set the following settings;

Flot Charge; 13.8V

Absorption Charge; 14.25V

For the BMV-712 Setting I should set a charge Voltage. Does anyone know what the best setting will be?

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

You should set the charged Voltage to about 13.2V.
There are a lot more settings which you may need to pay attention to, so please consult the manual to get your BMV dialed in. You should expect to do some tweaking at first to get things just right to suit you installation.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-BMV-700-700H-702-712-EN-NL-FR-DE-ES-SE-PT-IT.pdf

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mirkomona avatar image
mirkomona answered ·

Hi, thank you for your fast reply. Currently I have set 13.2V, so I'm happy that this is correct.

""
You should expect to do some tweaking at first to get things just right to suit you installation.
""

Is there anybody who can help me to set it up?

2 |3000