question

Jacob Frøslee Jonsson avatar image
Jacob Frøslee Jonsson asked

Wiring diagram

eldiagram.pngHi. this question is very general... I read the wiring unlimited, browsed the internet for shopping, bought my Victron gear already, and are now shopping the wiring, fuses, busbars and other stuff. I would be happy if someone would review the diagram I made of the setup and comment it :)eldiagram.pdf

Some portion of the diagram is texted in swedish but I guess it explains itself anyway.

wiring diagram
eldiagram.png (473.9 KiB)
eldiagram.pdf (475.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Jacob Frøslee Jonsson avatar image
Jacob Frøslee Jonsson answered ·

I could specify some of my concerns with the diagram:

1) I am a bit confused as to best use the 3 existing mains witches in my system that I am rebuilding to accommodate for the victron Lifepo4 batteries - how do i place them so that I can disconnect the batteries but still be able to charge them? or should they be used for a complete disconnection, thus making the placement very simple?

2) Cable wiring for the mppt is 10 mm2 overkill ?

3) should I also mount a fuse / circuit breaker between solar cells and MPPT and then what type should they be, just an inline fuse mounted on the cable (and should it be on the exterior close to the panels, or closer to the MPPT ?)

4) leisure bank of to victron 100AH - according to wiring unlimited im wiring these wrong as as distance to both batteries are not equal. Should I get yet another pair of busbars for hooking these up ? (I should just have ordered one 200AH battery instead...well to late now)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic