question

miami337 avatar image
miami337 asked

Shore power is 218V yet Quattro shows 205V - system cycling on/off

My MultiPlus 24/5000/120 23V keeps shutting off and cycling back on. Poking around with a multimeter, I see that shore power cable is providing 218V, yet the Multi is showing 205V. When I apply a large load (like aircon or water heater) the voltage drops low enough that the Victron rejects based on low voltage. Systems cycles off/resets, then repeats once the load is applied again. Under light load, the system works fine. This is not a new install, it's been working fine for 4 years with these loads, so this is a new development.

So the question is - why the 13v discrepancy between shore voltage and what the Victron seems to see/report via the app and VRM? I'm assuming this is my issue?

voltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

I would start with the basics. Check and double check all the ac input connections. If you can, check voltages under load closer to the grid side ie. Supply side of main input breaker. See if the voltages agree or if there is a voltage loss somewhere in between. You might have a failing circuit breaker.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic