question

staudt avatar image
staudt asked

Disconnect solar inverter with 80Amp on ESS setup in combination with multiplus 2

I want to install 3x multiplus 2- 10000 with ESS on a 3-phase configuration. I have have 200 solar panels that are creating 80 amps into 240Volts on all three phases. On other installs I use the AUX2 to shut off the solar panels when there is a power outage. But because the AUX2 on the 10000 is rated 50Amp (I need 80A) I cannot use this.

If I do not use the AUX2 but instead I connect the ESS and Solar inverter in parallel than if a power outage occurs the solar inverter will not shutdown because it will see power from the ESS system. And the ESS system will not shutdown because is sees power from the Solar inverter.

When you are not able to disconnect the solar inverter the ESS manual is stated that you need at least 80Ax240V=19.200 VA of Victron ESS power. But this is not possible.

What options do I have to disconnect the solar panels when there is a power outage?

The solar inverter is not Victron.

Multiplus-IIESSSolar Panel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@staudt

I assume you mean it is AC PV. Have it on AC out 2. Then its power will be automatically cut when grid fails.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

staudt avatar image
staudt answered ·

The AC2 out is rated to 50 Amp. I need 80 Amp. As I mentioned in my post.

2 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Sorry misunderstood aux is a relay as well.

The way then would be a relay and a contactor. The relay can be driven by an auxiliary switch based on incoming AC trigger, which will drive the contactor.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@staudt

On the multi 2 10kva you would use the aux relay input relays not the k1

contactor-driver.jpg

1 Like 1 ·
staudt avatar image
staudt answered ·

Hi Alexandra, I'm thinking of using a 240Volt relay with the AC out 2. The relay i want to use is a:

1338020100 MC-50a/4 Contactor 4P 80A (AC1 400V) 230Vac

I can use the 240Volt of the AC out 2 to swith the 3-phase relay.

2 |3000