question

kaarthik avatar image
kaarthik asked

One MPPT doing more work than others in parallel operation

i was connect two 150/100-Tr smart solar mppt in single battery bank , but one controller was over produce and others not producing more.

MPPT Controllers
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rogierdekort avatar image rogierdekort commented ·

It is hard to say anything about this without knowing what charge state your rev2 MPPT is in.

I have three MPPT 150/35's and notice the same but only when the batteries are already in Absorption or even Float charge phase.

Especially when a load switches on, it seems that only one of the MPPT's is taking 'the job'. The others will continue 'resting' in float. Perfectly fine I think.

When this happens when both MPPT's are in bulk state (Battery Soc < 90%) something is wrong...

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
tilo avatar image
tilo answered ·

As far as I know Victron is working on the functionality to synchronize SmartSolar MPPTs via Bluetooth. Might be available during 2019 or early 2020? I assume this will reduce the difference in output power during Absorption and Float charge stage between different units.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.