question

pmikep avatar image
pmikep asked

Both Green and Yellow (Bulk and Absorption) LED's on continuously

Yesterday I updated my Multiplus I to firmware v502. Now while charging, I see both a Green and Yellow LED on continuously.

VictronConnect shows "Bulk," although while connecting, I see the word "Fault" flash on screen in the little Real-time data field.

A power down reset doesn't change anything.

It seems that this problem is following the firmware. Anyone else seeing this?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Please add some more details about your components/your System.
0 Likes 0 ·
pmikep avatar image pmikep Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Multiplus 24/3000/70.

Four 12v LiFePO4 batteries in 2S2P.

Has been working fine for a year now until the firmware update last night.

It's still showing both Green and Yellow LED's. It is charging correctly in Bulk Mode.

I don't know yet what will happen when it moves into Absorption.

0 Likes 0 ·
pmikep avatar image pmikep pmikep commented ·

It's gone into Float mode now. Now both the Yellow Bulk LED and the Float LED on are.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ pmikep commented ·
Take a look at the Victron tool kit App.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
pmikep avatar image
pmikep answered ·

Ich bin ein dummkopf. I found the problem.

I have my Multiplus mounted horizonally, with a little bit of angle upward for ventilation. I also have the front panel sitting on top of the screws that normally hold it in place so that my Multiplus can breathe better. The day before all of this, my Mulitplus had shut down. It had shut down because it thought that the batteries were below 21% SOC. I didn't realize why it had shut down at first. So I lifted the front panel to measure voltages and to look around. But when I put the front panel back down, I mis-indexed it. So the "Mains On" and the "Bulk" LED were showing in the wrong positions on the front panel, making me think that the Multiplus was in Bulk and in Absorb.

If I had paid attention to the color of the LED's, I would have realized that I had mis-indexed the front panel.

As for the brief "Fault" indication in VictronConnect, I can only guess that it was showing the previous "Below SOC shutdown" flag.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.