question

smoo avatar image
smoo asked

BMV 712 Bluetooth connection problem

For month the Victron app worked flawlessly with my BMV.

Now when I click on the BMV in the device list it doesn't connect and it says “Connection not possible, delete device from connected device list and reconnect (in German)“

So I deleted the BMV from the device list on my phone in the Bluetooth settings.

But nothing changed. In the app I can't do anything sensible, just changing code by typing the PUK.

Then I reinstalled the app from my phone. Nothing changed, the BMV is still in the list but won't connect.

Now I read the manual and searched here for an hour but didn't find a solution.

Please help me.

Thank you

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

9 Answers
smoo avatar image
smoo answered ·

Hey, Victron Energy, could you please help me?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

smoo avatar image
smoo answered ·

Ok, next time I'll buy from another company. Votronic or so....

2 comments
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Hi smoo,

Have you tried "forgetting" the BMV in you devices Bluetooth settings? Then search and re-enter pin for pairing.

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

Hi @smoo This is not a Victron support site, but a user forum where information is shared. Also search the form for answers. My question is, what has changed? What OS ? Android or IOS ? Did you upgrade phone firmware or the BMV? If Android, I will also go into APPS settings and delete the storage for Victron app. Don't forget to reboot. I also wonder if the pairing pin have been corrupted. Always reboot phone to ensure cache is cleared. Hope this gets you somewhere.

0 Likes 0 ·
smoo avatar image
smoo answered ·

I found an older Victron support page where an Victron support employee wrote the link to this forum. And I know the Dell forum where support employees answer. Therefore I thought it would be the same here.

I later deinstalled the app, deleted all data and of course restarted the phone (Android). No huge changes.

The solution for my problem was to pull the cable out of the BMV. Unfortunately calibration was gone, it showed 100%. Changed Bluetooth pin was still the same.

Until know I had the problem another two times...

2 comments
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

Glad you have a solution and thank you for sharing the answer. This is the spirit of the forum. I think caches are often to blame as they are not always refreshed properly. A good example was when I managed to order a headset from a dealer after the website has already removed the offer, but the page was not refreshed for days and as long as people kept hitting it, it remained alive.

0 Likes 0 ·
lexi avatar image lexi commented ·
I have done this too, and it works temporarily, but I don’t want to be unplugging my bmv712 every day, I am having the same issue “Bluetooth busy” and the bmv shows up grey in the app on all 3 devices I own, and I have a pin code on the bmv712, so I know that only one of the 3 devices I own has the correct pin input and it still shows up that it’s busy/connected to something else. I have 2 android and 1apple device to test this with and all fail to connect
0 Likes 0 ·
dirkovision avatar image
dirkovision answered ·

Try to update BT in ur iPhone, reboot and fresh search for Victron devices, if need to: update your victron device. One by one.. succes.

(and DONT buy Votronic.!)

;-)

2 |3000

mihaitaiosub avatar image
mihaitaiosub answered ·

I have the same problem with the BMV-712 Smart. It is very annoying that once every few days this error occurs, and the only solution is to turn off the power supply.Then the calibration and synchronization with the battery are reset, which is not at all ok. I use an android smartphone that I keep permanently connected to the BMV-712.I think it is a software problem, maybe the BMV-712 or the application. Please Victron solve this problem!

1 comment
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi all, @mihaitaiosub , I do have some good news on this: we’re well underway to solve the “busy” problem that requires to powercycle the BMV712/SmartShunt. A few more weeks.

My sincere apologies for the troubles. For some (still unknown) reason, this affects only a small percentage of users, and is really hard to reproduce on our side.

0 Likes 0 ·
mihaitaiosub avatar image
mihaitaiosub answered ·

Hi everyone, the past few days there have been some updates to the Victron Connect application (v5.48) and the BMV-712 Smart (v4.08).BMV-712 was already in failure, the phone could not be connected via bluetooth, and after the update it was possible to connect. But this morning, so after a few days, the problem reappeared again, you can no longer connect via bluetooth until after the power cycle. I sincerely hope that updates will follow to solve this annoying problem, not only for us users, but especially for the VICTRON company.

2 |3000

joachim-asmussen avatar image
joachim-asmussen answered ·

I had a similar problem today. After the winter, I tried for the first time in months to connect my iphone via bluetooth to my MPPT 100/50 and my BMV 712 s. The units were visible in the Victron app, I could connect the MPPT but not the BMV. The app requested a bluetooth connect code which should be shown om my BMV unit. Nothing was shown there. I punched my PIN in, but that did not help. Restarted my phone, eliminated the unit on the list and tried the entire process again with the same result. I then ignored the app and used the unit manually, that worked ok. Any Ideas how to solve the bluetooth problem? Should I disconnect the power from the unit ?

2 |3000

johannsmann avatar image
johannsmann answered ·

Hello Joachim Amusssen,
please look for the PUK on the BMV , it should be printed on the connection side or on the box.

Enter the PUK at the 3 dots next to your BMV in Victron Connect. Your BMW has already been reset to PIn 000000!

I hope it could be helped you further.

2 |3000

red1080a avatar image
red1080a answered ·

joachim-asmussen

img-4117.png

I got this screen on the APP and did not see anything on the screen of my BMV-712 . I tried many things to no success.

I then put the code starting with PN: that is printed on the back of the BMV-712 and it got me in. I then was asked to update the firmware which took a couple goes but it is all working now.

Hope this helps someone. I could not find anything in manuals or online saying to do this.

Ken

img-4117.png (233.9 KiB)
2 |3000