question

tkfrombc avatar image
tkfrombc asked

Phoenix 48/1200 inverter 230 Volt configuration.

Second post...

Your expert help would be much appreciated. I have a Phoenix 48/1200 inverter. Currently it is powering my electrical panel which has only 110 Volt circuits. I plan on installing a 230 V pump and install a 2 pole breaker on the panel. Do i have to reconfiqure or change anything on the inverter to get it to output 230 Volt? Thanks in advance....tk

inverter current draw
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The inverter cannot be reconfigured or adjusted to output 230V. Additionally, it will not output a split phase configuration as the inverter is single phase.

You'd need to use an Autotransformer to create a split phase 110V/220V output. There are example diagrams in the datasheet. Please seek assistance from your installer or electrician to ensure proper and safe connection of an Autotransformer especially regarding the earth bonding.

Autotransformer datasheet: https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-Autotransformer-32A-and-100A-EN.pdf

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic