question

lstyles avatar image
lstyles asked

Multiplus 12/2000 installation space?

I am going to install a multiplus 12/2000 in my trailer and I see it recommends 4” (10 cm) space on all sides. I have seen pictures of many other installations and no one seems to be installing it with this much space around it. Is it really necessary to have all that space....that makes locating it quite a bit harder. If necessary, I could install a fan to increase ventilation. What are all you doing?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

10cm is recommended.

Depending on airflow, ambient air temperature and loads, the unit will increase fan speed and reduce output to maintain a safe operating temperature.

Increasing airflow, reducing ambient air temperature or reducing the loads will decrease fan speed, reduce risk of overload and increase long term service life.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lstyles avatar image
lstyles answered ·

Thanks for the information! I don’t think my loads will be high and anticipate that the temperature will not get too high as it will be inside the trailer in a cabinet. Adding a fan might be a good idea though to help with air flow and shouldn’t be too hard to put in a small DC fan to move the air a bit.

2 |3000