question

richard-swe avatar image
richard-swe asked

Multiplus Compact not starting after winter

My Multiplus Compact 12/2000/80 does not come back to life after spending the winter in my boat on land. I have checked the FUSE transformer and DC-FUCE. Both 230V and 12V is coming in, checked the wires of any current. By mistake the main switch was turned on over winter and drained the batteries (Lithium). So everything except start battery was dead. After fixing the dead batteries I thought the multiplus should come back to life again but it remains dead.

My configuration is 440Ah house batteries LiPO4 and 100 Ah lead for engine.

My thought that I would like feed back on:

Is there a separate AC-fuse for incoming current? If so - where?

Is there at trick to reset the Multiplus, perhaps withe the dip switches?

Thanks in advance!

Multiplus-II
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marcve avatar image marcve commented ·
@richard-swe. You mention "house battery". Is that a lifepo with external BMS ? If yes, I would first check if your lifepo outputs any power to the Multiplus. Your multi should start on the batteries only.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

I don't think the multi can charge dead batteries (e.g. lithium where BMS has disconnected). It sees it as a faulty battery.

Best to charge the lithium house battery outside the system, then reconnect/try again.

Another check would be to connect the multi to a different 12V battery. If it starts, proves the battery is the problem.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.