question

strepke74 avatar image
strepke74 asked

Stop solar charge on SOC

Dear All,

I have a simple setup with one LiFePo4 drop-in battery, a multi 12/1200, shunt and 2 MPPT charges, all are connected to the Cerbo.

In the ESS assistant, i can set a max SOC on the grid fed charger but it would also be nice if i can set a max SOC on the solar chargers as i do not want my LiFePo4 drop-in battery to become fully charged on a daily basis. Could this be added in either the ESS domain or directly in the MPPT charger?

feature request
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

I'm not aware of a specific setting that can do this. My first guess was maybe node red but other than turning off the MPPT (which would mean it wouldnt power your loads) I'm unsure how you'd stop it.

It's almost like you want a secondary float which is lower than your normal float?

Is that something you could use just setting your float really low and absorption repeat time as much longer?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

The feature requests topic tag can help Victron R&D find feature suggestions for products. 

There are many factors that go into the Victron product roadmap, and feedback from end-users can help.