question

edsey avatar image
edsey asked

Gauge and Amperage AC In & AC Out

Hi everyone, I have an off grid cottage and I currently have a 24 Volt 5000 watt Quattro Inverter using just the 120 volt capabilities . I have a 12 gauge/15 amp (1875 Watt) extension cord running from my generator to my AC In on the Quattro. I have a 12 gauge/15 amp (1875 Watt) extension cord running from my AC out to my electrical panel. The wiring in m

My question is...Q: Should I be using a higher amperage/gauge cable for my AC IN & Out? For example, if I used a 10 gauge 30amp cord for AC IN and AC OUT would that be more ideal?

Thoughts?

Thank you

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Edsey

I think you answered your own question in a way.

5000kVa is at leat 4000W continuously when inverting and your extension chord is 1875W. Falls short of half of what the inverter can do. So double it.

If your generator can provide more power (whatvis its size?) Then size up accordingly.

Pretty important to size correctly especially if you are making longer runs to loads.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

edsey avatar image
edsey answered ·

thanks for the quick response Alexandra! Your comment makes sense and I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

2 |3000