question

daza avatar image
daza asked

What is everyone applying for G99 or G100

Hi everyone looking at the DNO application its a mini mind field, So I've looked at the DNO application and G99 is <16amps per phase the multiplus 48/5000 is rated at 19Amps so surely you couldn't have this on a G99 app? and the G100 has the import limit bear in mind that the 48/5000 has a hardware limit of 50amps draw max pass through so the only factors that would see the import rise is the non critical loads on AC side.

I have existing solar on a G98 the array is 3.21kW with and inverter of just 3kW i'm not planning on exporting anything other than surplus from the PV array. I'm looking at getting 2x 5kW batteries as far as i can see the total sum of the install is taken into account to decide what application to go for. And here lays the other problem it doesn't seem like any of the vitreous are tested to G100 or put differently certified for G100. I'm aware that the 48/5000 isn't certified yet. Anyone give me a bit of help on this as even for the G99 looks like the DNO still wants an export limitation scheme "Does or will the premise have a single G100 export limitation scheme?"

Everything would be aggregated to the 48/5000 in regards to generation and export and everything bar washing machine and dryer coming off of the critical load side. Little bit of help re this would be most appriciated.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
pau1phi11ips avatar image
pau1phi11ips answered ·

Sorry, can't help but keen to see the answer as I'll probably be in the same situation next year.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fellside avatar image
fellside answered ·

daza

We have a G99, G100 application awaiting final approval. Our DNO is ENWL. G99 application was made last June. The sent out the offer document exactly 45 days later.

Our system is similar to yours Multiplus 2 48/5000 and an existing 3.42kW AC coupled PV.

The Multiplus is rated at 4.4kW on the ENA site. Applications over 16A (3.68kW) fall into a G99 application. Size of your batteries or any DC coupled PV attached to the Multi are not relevant.

Our Connection offer from the DNO stipulated an export limit of 6kW and the a G100 form would be required. Fail-safe testing is required if the output is greater than 32A (7.33kW) Your output is 4.4kW + 3.21kW = 7.61kW at 230v. It is of no consequence that you say you are not going to export. The system has the capability.

I agree that the DNO application for G99 is a minefield/lottery. G98 is easy, fit and inform DNO. Others here have said phone and discus with your DNO engineer. ENWL seem to only operated by email. They don't answer the published mobile number and don’t reply to phone messages left. So we just plod on via email, overcoming each barrier they put up.

Have you started you application? As far as I know the above information is correct.

See our thread

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/181563/g100-testing-uk.html

2 |3000

daza avatar image
daza answered ·

@Fellside i'm completing some of the application as i go. As the DNO allows me to save and edit stuff. But as for the connection my PV is going through AC Out1 so i'm limited by the inverters 4.4kW so essence i can only output a total load of 4.4kW am i correct in this? I only want it this way so grid down my solar is still working and i don't get FIT payment so my energy provider can have just the dregs of what i can't use.

2 |3000

daza avatar image
daza answered ·

@Fellside now I've got to the point of the application and because its not approved yet, that is the issue that requires you to provide test certs to verify it operates in accordance with G99. i'm going to have to wait till its approved and see if forms 2.3 and 2.4 no longer need completing as the ENA would have satisfied the DNO.

2 |3000

daza avatar image
daza answered ·

@Fellside so i looked at the DNO's G100 export limitation and as i understand it, i don't need this complicated setup ie apply for G100 as the inverter is limited to 4.4kW and as my AC connected PV is inverter side i can't physically send the grid more than the 4.4kW.

2 |3000

fellside avatar image
fellside answered ·

daza

You are correct only 4.4kW total. Our install has 3.42kW on AC in. As it is receiving a FIT payment and cannot be changed. DC coupled PV will be added later to charge batteries if grid is down.

We completed form A1-2 initially then got there offer after 45 days.

Sent back Customer acceptance form.

After install and commissioning sent Form A3-2, Form Appendix B-Export Limitation Scheme Installation and Commissioning Test (G100) and single line diagram (SLD) of the installation.

Since we have an offer document when the 48/500 was still approved we cannot see any problem. But it appears that our DNO thinks differently and is waiting for ENA approval. But they wont tell us that.

daza

As far as I see it if you are over 16A 3.68kW you are G99. The DNO can then set an export limit and that then requires a G100 form. As you are below 32A (7.33kW) G100 Fail-safe testing is not required.

1 comment
2 |3000

daza avatar image daza commented ·
Cheers. So i'll just have to wait for the ENA to approve the multiplus so i don't have to do the additional G99 parts of the form for a none compliant system. Strange that you got the offer and they have basically withdrawn it. I've got my schematics done already, just waiting to by more bits for the install and get the wiring in place as that's costing me some, so i want pre-approval first before spending out more on the inverter.
0 Likes 0 ·
fellside avatar image
fellside answered ·

@daza

With all the DNO`s seeming to have different rules its very hard to play there game when we don’t know the rules.

After our exchange of messages yesterday I phoned our allotted DNO (ENWL) engineer and kept trying until someone answered. The guy was very helpful and said that once we had accepted there offer, built the system and sent in the commission documents that wasit. If he was happy and had no further questions, he added the installation to there database. As far as he was concerned that was it there was no need for him the contact us with permission the connect the system. We did not know that and had waited for official permission as some other DNO`s issue.

The engineer did say they were very busy with a lot of applications to work through.

System is now connected.

Now we know the (ENWL) rules things will be a lot easyer.

2 |3000