question

clubbers avatar image
clubbers asked

What's the purpose of this bolt connection in my multiplus 24/5000?

What is the lug/connection in the bottom right corner for? See image. Mentioned no where in the manuals or the drawings.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Mark Maritz avatar image
Mark Maritz answered ·

I think it's for the earth/grounding cable point. The other side bottom left has a similar bolt and is labelled earth.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

clubbers avatar image clubbers commented ·

I also think so too, but why on earth is it not labeled?

0 Likes 0 ·
magu avatar image
magu answered ·

I actually have the same question, in the manual of the Multiplus under annex A, the primary ground connection is allocated to another location on the housing case, not to this bolt, has this been confirmed meanwhile that this bolt is indeed the ground connection?

2 |3000

nesswill avatar image
nesswill answered ·

Could be a common or an isolated ground depending on how the PCB is laid out (sometimes when PCB are laid out common connections are mirrored) you could put a multimeter between the two to check but as marked by the symbol on the PCB/Case or as directed by the manual this should always be used as the grounding point.

2 |3000