question

alexanderm avatar image
alexanderm asked

3x Multiplus2 single-phase connection

Hello, I'm new here, thanks for your time. I have a question.... When several Multiplus2 230v are connected in single-phase parallel, do I have to put protections for each output before the parallel or do I connect everything directly? Thank you and good day

connection issue
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

What do you mean with protection?

Fuses?

Yes, every MultiPlus-II need it's own.

However, in parallel configuration, all 3 MultiPlus-II need exact the same cable lengths, otherwise the MultiPlus-II go out of balance.

In the summer we have tested it at a neighbour while all 3 where installed on the wall side by side and the distributor was on the left side. We simply made the cables only so long, that it reach each MultiPlus-II and attached voltmeter to the ends of each cable. We used the MultiPlus-II 48/5000, 50mm² for wiring and the result was just horrible!

While everything was working up to a load of 6000W, the voltage difference above this was so much between the first and third MultiPlus-II that the system switched off to protect itself.

The difference in the lenght is around 1m!

Hence if you make the cables, make them ALL exact the same lenght and calculate space in the installation, where you can put the surplus cables. But do not roll them up, because they CAN become nicely warm.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic