question

northtown2022 avatar image
northtown2022 asked

No load Quattro 48/5000/70 consuming ~ 50W

Hello everyone. I am still new to solar here. I have a battery built and do not have the Quattro hooked up to PV array yet. I have an MPPT 250/100 as well as a Cerbo GX hooked up.

I feel like this is a pretty large drain while in inverter mode can anyone confirm this is normal? When switching to charger only mode the draw is sugnificantly less at ~5W

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Rob Fijn avatar image
Rob Fijn answered ·

Hi northtown2022,
Yes, this is normal. To keep the Inverter working some energy is needed..
This is also explained in the manuals.

Regards, Rob

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gazza avatar image
gazza answered ·

The specified no load draw is quoted at 30W I believe.

3 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Yes but there are also other components to add there. The mppt, gx and whatever else is in the system.

2 Likes 2 ·
gazza avatar image gazza Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Yea agreed.
0 Likes 0 ·
northtown2022 avatar image northtown2022 commented ·

The Mppt and Cerbo draw <5W. This screen shot shows 44w but also reports 49W. An addituonal 15W loss is likely not that significant. It is just unfortunite it wasn't the other direction :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

This has been discussed at length in previous posts and if my memory serves me correctly the no load DC current draw can very quite a few percent between various builds of the same model Quattro. This load decreases if in AES mode or in search mode but those modes have their own interesting attributes to consider.

2 |3000

Galin Radoslavov avatar image
Galin Radoslavov answered ·

Three phase system 3 x Quattro 48/10000 - around 360 W - what to say.

2 |3000