question

alaskannoob avatar image
alaskannoob asked

DC Cable Terminal adapter for Multiplus II?

double.png

Since Multiplus II 48/8000 uses two smaller terminals for the DC positive cables rather than one larger one (mirrored on the negative side) and recommends using two smaller cables (which must be the same lengths and require double the lugs) -- has anybody used a terminal that sits over top the two terminals and combines them into one?

Advantages would be simplicity of using one large wire per terminal (like a 4/0), not needing double the lugs, not inviting an error with cable lengths not be exact, and not needing mini bus-bars to combine two wires into one before going down the DC line to circuit breakers and such which typically expect one cable for positive and one for negative.

Some kind of adapter with one terminal that sits across the two Victron terminals, does such a thing exist? Something like this?

Multiplus-II
double.png (909.8 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alaskannoob avatar image alaskannoob commented ·

mp.pngAlthough it seems like this guy got 4/0 wire onto a terminal as is, so maybe this wouldn't be needed for 4/0 wire?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBYgkN1_r8Y&t=560s

0 Likes 0 ·
mp.png (3.3 MiB)
2 Answers
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi

Yes you can, if you use the right lugs etc.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

Yup, I do not know what an 4/0 is, but Victron recommended 2x 50mm² for PLUS and MINUS, but I used a singel Welding Cable (support higher current then the PVC wires) H01N2-E with 70mm².

The problem was not the terminal, but the holes to get the Welding Cable into my MultiPlus-II 24/5000

2 |3000