question

pacman avatar image
pacman asked

SmartSolar MPTT 75/15 do not charge after enable charging

I have four SmartSolar 75/15 that I enable/disable using the Ve.Direct Rx port configured as Remote On/Off. All have latest fw and Victron connect is latest as well.

Most of the times all works good, but it happened a couple of times that after enabling them, I see the status going from off to bulk, but they won't charge (there is no current flowing to the batteries).

Any clue on this regards, please?

smart solar charging behaviour
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
pacman avatar image
pacman answered ·

Today maybe I discovered what is stopping them to charge.

Into the system there are also a Battery Sense and a Smart Shunt and all the devices are connected to the same bluetooth ve.network.

The solar chargers are receiving the batteries temperature from the network. With Victron Connect, entering one of the chargers and clicking on "why is the charger stopped" there was a message regarding the temperature too low to safely recharge.

The odd thing is that the low temperature threshold is set to 5° and the Battery Sense was transmitting to the ve.network a value of 13°.

Anyone has an idea?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic