question

dj-dulux avatar image
dj-dulux asked

UTC vs GMT

Haven't found a definitive answer on this here, but in the UK we have summer and winter times, however many Economy 7/10 tariffs don't change. I assume (maybe incorrectly) that GMT will change for DST and UTC will not?

Its worth double checking as my eco7 times were not what I thought, look up your Time Switch Code and be a little late and early with the timings as it doesnt appear to be that accurate on the older meters.

Thanks,

Dupe...

ESScharger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@DJ-Dulux

UTC (or often referred to time zulu because Z stands for zero offset) always remains the same and doesn't change for DST.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Also GMT never changes. But the UK switches to BST. In the old days before computers mostly switched to UCT we ran continuously on GMT.

I'm not sure how relevant it is to you, but UCT and GMT are not the same.

A lot will depend on how the meters and other equipment synch. I've noticed mobile phones are often out, as well as satellite synched TV equipment

2 |3000

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic