question

kalou avatar image
kalou asked

Charger victron 3kw

Hello there, why do the converter victron starts charging when the battery is in floating mode? Thanks for your answer.
screenshot-20230206-194357.jpg

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Kalou

The charger will start charging again when the rebulk offset voltage triggers it. So just as the battery drops under your float voltage.

Re-bulk voltage offset

This setting sets the re-bulk voltage offset. This offset voltage is used to determine when a charge stage stops and the bulk stage starts again, i.e. the charge cycle resets and starts at the first charge stage again.

The re-bulk voltage is calculated by adding the re-bulk voltage offset to the lowest voltage setting (normally this is the float stage).

An example: If the re-bulk offset is set at 0.1V and the float voltage at 13.8V, the charge cycle will restart once the battery voltage drops below 13.7V (13.8 minus 0.1) for one minute.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kalou avatar image
kalou answered ·

Thanks

But it doesnt do it everyday... i want to preserve my batteries but i dont want to use the charge to often (second source ) as i tend towards autonomy

2 |3000