question

aplord avatar image
aplord asked

VRM y-axis auto range incorrect

See attached the standard widget showing voltage and current for a shunt. Since it's not a custom widget, the Y axis is set automatically by VRM. The range it has decided on is 22-30 volts, with no data showing. The battery voltage in reality, as reported by the same shunt (device 279), is actually around 13.5 volts - as shown in the custom voltage widget where I set the range myself.

This auto widget used to work correctly, I'm not sure exactly when it stopped working. I can't think what I might have done to upset this! Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Range right.png

Range wrong.png

widget vrm
range-wrong.png (62.5 KiB)
range-right.png (74.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi aplord, noted, the developers will look into it. Thank tou for asking. Matthijs

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

aplord avatar image
aplord answered ·

Here's another piece of hopefully helpful info for your developers: when I point at the range on the widget, the correct voltage data values are displayed - see attached. So the right data seems to be getting to the widget, it's just getting confused about the axis range.

Screenshot 2023-01-28 at 22.07.26.png

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic