question

rata1 avatar image
rata1 asked

Unplugging VE.Bus from CerboGX generates a Low Battery Alarm

When unplugging the VE Bus cable from the CerboGX for config changes via a MK3 it triggers a Low Voltage Alarm on both my inverters. Red Low Battery LED on them. It clears when I plug the VE Bus cable back in the CerboGX - I get alerts to tell me it was raised then another to tell me it cleared.

I has done this consistently over the past few months. I ignored it as I was doing other things but now it is on my fix list.

All the battery voltage settings are as per the Victron's Pylontech settings.

I have 2 x MP2 5k and 6 US5000 batteries.

I am on v498 on the MP2s and v2.92 on CerboGX.

The batteries are always >80% when I do any work on them.

Looking at the alarm logs it started doing it on 22/10. I don't see any logs of FW updates but I have a feeling it might be FW as it didn't do it before 498 as I had to do that update before a warranty replacement and that was before that date. Has anyone had similar?

Thanks

Rob

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Why don't you do the changes using Victron Connect through the Cerbo? There's very little that can't be done like that.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rata1 avatar image rata1 commented ·

Morning.

I could do that, but the underlying issue/problem will still be there indicating that something isn't right and I'd like to know what it is rather than mask it.

Cheers.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Have you double-checked the individual settings on the inverters? When the GX is lost they revert to internal parameters, so if these are off you will get alarms.

1 comment
2 |3000

rata1 avatar image rata1 commented ·
Hi.

I did check these yesterday when I made the config change WRT the CT clamp and they are all as per Victron's Pylontech doc.

I have sent them several times but the issue remains the next time I unplug the VE Bus cable.

The base config file I use is the same one I have used from day one. I'll get on a PC and check/post.

Cheers

0 Likes 0 ·
rata1 avatar image
rata1 answered ·

Due to some other random issue with ACout I have been having (dropping at random times) and given this Low Battery alarm was introduced before I had these random problems - logically it was the source or at the very least one that needed to be excluded.

So I flashed the inverter FW to v501, re-configured them by hand and then, although unrelated to this, reset my CerboGX to factory.

The Low Battery alarm has gone.

2 |3000