question

canalrunna avatar image
canalrunna asked

bmv-712 monitor not showing state of charge

Hi, after retuning from work onto my narrowboat I noticed the battery monitor was not showing the state of charge % but is now showing _ _ _ I have fully charged the batteries and pressed Synchronize but the monitor still shows _ _ _ Any advice would be appreciated,img-4753.jpg

BMV Battery Monitor
img-4753.jpg (4.0 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@canalrunna

The readout overview in the picture is the temp display.

If you don't have a temp sensor then there is no reading to display hence the ---.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

canalrunna avatar image
canalrunna answered ·

Thanks for the reply Alexandra. The monitor displayed the State of Charge % when I left for work which is something I check daily, why it has suddenly decided to show _ _ _ and temp on the screen is a mystery to me and was wondering if there is a way of getting the SoC % back on display.

2 comments
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
In addition to the other comments, I've found it's quite easy to get an unintentional double press, guess this is what happened in your case.
0 Likes 0 ·
canalrunna avatar image
canalrunna answered ·

Thanks all, I re-set the BMV and it solved the problem.

2 |3000