question

tonyhiscock avatar image
tonyhiscock asked

No SOC/consumedAh report after smartBMV firmware 4.12 update

Have just carried out the a SmartBMV 712 firmware update, v4.12 and now it is not showing me the current SOC ,consumed Ah or time remaining. Have previously updated without issues.

The fixed display is flashing "charge" which I have not seen before.

My system comprises 450Ah Victron smartLithium batteries with a Victron Multiplus 12/3000/120 charger inverter.

Any thoughts?

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
trackman avatar image
trackman answered ·

I am having the exact same issue after doing the update. My first attempt at the update failed so that may be an issue

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi both,

I expect that fully charging your battery will solve the issue. If it doesn’t please read the Synchronisation chapter in the manual. Also we have a video on youtube explaining it.

Normally the SOC is retained over an update, but that first failing could very well cause this. Its nothing to worry about. And do know that - to prevent drift and thus unreliable readings - its good practice to charge your battery regularly to let the BMV sync up. Ie every 2 or 4 weeks.

2 |3000