question

vitor-marques avatar image
vitor-marques asked

MPPT 450-200 Stops when battery full with load present

Hi There,

Victron Quattro 15000, MPPT 450/200, Pylontech Batteries BMS connected to Cerbo.

The issue:

When batteries are at 100%, MPPT stops feeding the system, despite there is load to serve.

Any hints how to overcome this other than being constantly - daily - changing the grid current limit to fool the system and start MPPT ?

Thanks.

MPPT Controllers
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Vitor Marques

Do you have ESS programmed?

0 Likes 0 ·
vitor-marques avatar image vitor-marques Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Thanks for replying, and sorry for some delay on getting back.

Maybe I am a but confuse with the ESS term.

Cerbo says "No ESS found".

The storage system is a set of 9 Pylontech UC3500. They have integrated BMS system and it is connected to the Cerbo GX by CAN Bus.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
ahtrimble avatar image
ahtrimble answered ·

The MPPT will not start charging again until the voltage hits a programmed level. Check the Float voltage and Re-bulk voltage offset settings.

The MPPT will see the batteries fully charged once it hits a programmed voltage point/level, and until the system voltage drops to a programmed point where the MPPT wakes up, and then it starts the charge cycle(s) again. And that is regardless of any "draw" on the system...unless you go in and program it to exactly what you want it to do...and that is normally reserved for "expert" mode folks.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vitor-marques avatar image
vitor-marques answered ·

The MPTT is controled by Pylontech automatically, in Cerbo, the MPTT and DVCC settings shows a series of "forced" and "external control" options, just followed this instructions https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom.

I couldn't find any related settings anyway.

ESS confuses me, Cerbo Settings has an ESS option that says "No ESS Assistant found", which I don't know what it is, a device, a PC running something, a Setup ?

I am afraid that you might be considering this ESS I can't get.

2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Vitor Marques

it means ESS assistant is not programmed onto the inverter.

The battery is controlling the system so it is sending the do not charge signal to the system - that is why it will park off.

ESS programming is covered here for Pylontech. In fact use the whole guide there may be a few things to change on the system.

Once you have done that there is more in the ESS manual. Such as the handy grid set point.

2 |3000