question

bennievermeulen avatar image
bennievermeulen asked

Additional Grid Connection Mode

How do one request additional functionality from Victron?

I have a Victron system Consisting of a10KVA Invertor (Quatro), 40KVA Battery & 42 Solar panels. This enables me to be off the grid 98% of the time.

By connecting the Grid all the time I am using +/- 100 units of electricity per month.

To alleviate this problem, I have installed a connector between the Grid and the Inverter and then switch on this connector via the Controller's output relay with the aid of the controller's Generators switching functionality.

This works fine except for when the contactor closes, it takes about 20 seconds for the Invertor to sync with the Grid before the Invertor's Contactor closes, and sometimes it is just to slow in case of a overload.

If Victron can add a new Grid Connection mode, in the way below, this overload problem can be solved.

My suggestion is as follows:

In this mode, the Invertor's connector must stay open, but the invertor must sync with the grid and keep it synced/ready to connect to the Grid. In this mode the Invertor then just wait for a OVERLOAD situation to close the contactor.

Can anyone comment on this idea.

modifications
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

There are already options to ignore the AC IN even if it is connected.

You can use the "virtual switch" or the "general flag" assistant.

Give that a try.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

horakjun avatar image
horakjun answered ·
Taky mě to zajímá

2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Your grid usage is most likely because the Multi will prioritize grid power over solar connected to the battery (PV Charger).

ESS provides additional prioritization capabilities so you can probably reduce your grid energy usage without resorting to disconnecting the AC input.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Experiments, Modifications and Adaptions. Mods (Modifications) can be made to Victron Software by the Community. Please use the modifications space for enthusiasts who want to push what is possible, without official Victron Support.