question

jem avatar image
jem asked

Biogas AC generator to MC4 DC?

I'm currently researching the possibility to use an AC to DC rectifier in order to connect an AC gas generator to an existing Victron ecosystem.

The system is made of a series of multiplus units, smartsolar inputs (with solar PV arrays) and a dozen pylontech batteries. My current idea is to connect the gas generators to the smartsolar inputs via MC4 after converting AC to DC within the 24-48 volts range.

One of the constraints is that I can't connect the generators to the main AC input of the multiplus boxes as biogas production isn't always sufficient to replace the mains - especially when the gas is also used for heating. I can't replace the multiplus with Quattro boxes as the input switching isn't a viable option (on top of the price).

Suggestions, experiences and other ideas are welcome!

REM: I'm aware that a DC generator could help but here I'm looking specifically for biogas generators - and I could only find AC ones.

Multiplus-IIMPPT SmartSolarAC PV Coupling
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
netrange avatar image
netrange answered ·

From another Tread ... Mean Well DBU-3200-48

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.